New Hire Orientation
Welcome New Hires
Congratulations on your new position! As you start your new job, you willl undoubtedly be excited to join the Allegany Arc team. Your new manager or supervisor and your new co-workers will also be excited to get to know you and welcome you to the agency.
Below is some information to get you started on your new journey – once again, welcome to Allegany Arc!
Human Resources Specialist
office location: Walter Babbitt Facility
(585) 593-5700 ext. 519
office location: PWI
(585) 593-6645 ext. 338
Where to Find Us
J. Charles Shine Facility
240 O'Connor Street
2718 Andover Road
Additional training will take place at:
Allegany Arc's Transportation Facility
Farnum Street, Wellsville, NY
Dyke Street IRA (Individualized Residential Alternative)
East Dyke Street, Wellsville, NY
When attending orientation training, dress comfortable but appropriate; no sweatpants or pajama bottoms. Sneakers are a must when learning SCIP-R physical intervention techniques.
• Click here to read Allegany Arc's Dress Code Policy (PDF/2 pages).
One hour will be allotted for lunch (on your own). The time may vary depending on your orientation class and instructor. If you want to stay for lunch there is a refrigerator, microwave and soda machine available.
Who do I contact if there is an emergency and I am unable to attend training?
• Your direct supervisor; as soon as possible. If you leave a message, be sure to continue calling until you speak with the supervisor.
New Employee Orientation
All new employees are required to complete the following steps of New Employee Orientation before the conclusion of their second week of on-site training. Employees who do not complete the New Employee Orientation within 90 days of hire are out of compliance and may place the agency at risk; therefore non-compliant employees will be removed from the work schedule until they have completed the training requirements. Please read and follow instructions carefully.
Step 1: Individual Rights Presentation
• Click here to start the Online Individual Rights Training (PDF/5 slides).
• Click here to read Allegany Arc's Individual Rights Policy (PDF).
• Click here to take the Individual Rights Training Test.
Step 2: Safety Training Presentation
• Click here to start the Online Safety Training (PDF/27 slides).
• Click here to take the Safety Training Test.
Step 3: HIPPA Training Presentation
• Click here to start the Online HIPAA Training (PDF/12 slides).
• Click here to take the HIPAA Training Test.